Wednesday 24 October 2007

BASIL CHICKEN

cakebrain's basil chicken

Remember that cool hydroponic garden I have sitting on my kitchen counter? Well, it's yielding quite a crop of basil. I have both Italian and Purple Basil. I was wondering how to use up all the basil and this dish was perfect. This chicken dish is so easy to prepare and was scrumptious! It would make a great dish for parties too. The basil and garlic flavours are nicely married with the chicken wings and it's all finger-licking good. I served my wings with rice as there's a nice little pool of sauce to pour over your rice.


CAKEBRAIN'S BASIL CHICKEN
2 lbs chicken wings
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 T basil, roughly chopped
1 T sugar

  • Combine all the ingredients in a covered bowl (or ziploc bag) and marinate overnight.
  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • Place the chicken wings in a baking dish and place on the middle rack of the oven.
  • Turn wings and baste with the marinade halfway through the cooking process.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and glaze is slightly thickened.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

OMG< THis looks SOOO Good! I am so making this!

Cakebrain said...

Caitie,
It is quite delicious! I think you'll like it too !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin