Friday 12 October 2007

MY HYDROPONIC HERB GARDEN


the aerogarden

Being the gadget queen that I am, I couldn't pass up the chance to have a fresh pot of organic, hydroponic herbs on my kitchen counter. The AeroGarden is so easy to set up and it uses NASA technology apparently.

When friends come by and see my hydroponics setup, they joke that I have the ability to grow pot. Well, not exactly in fact, because you need to use the AeroGarden seed pods that are designed specifically to fit in these little holes. I doubt I'll be seeing pot pods soon.

I love that there's no dirt and no bugs. No sprays. No work. Everything is on a timer and you just add water and fertilizer tablets when it tells you to. Idiot proof. Since I have a brown thumb, it's perfect.

I bought my AeroGarden with a 20% off coupon at Linen 'n Things and it comes complete with the seed pod kit for herbs. Apparently you can grow tomatoes, flowers and other veggies too.

It's fall in Vancouver but I can still have fresh herbs throughout the winter months. The basils are growing like crazy and so is the mint. I don't know what to do with it all. It's definitely an excuse to use fresh herbs in my cooking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin