Sunday 14 August 2011

MILESTONES, KITSILANO

IMG_1683

Watermelon, feta and roasted beet salad.


IMG_1684

Caesar Salad.  Crowned with roasted garlic. yum.

IMG_1686

The Watermelon and Roasted Beet salad was refreshing.  Romain hearts and baby arugula are lightly dressed in lemon chardonnay vinaigrette. The candied pecans were scrumptious and I ate them all first!  This salad came with my Steak Frites.
Rating:  5/6

IMG_1682



My kids collect these little plastic drink decorations from Milestones.  We have a jar full and these black panthers are rare! This one is perched on Bebe’s glass of chocolate milk.
IMG_1687

Grilled chicken with jasmine rice and fruit.  Bib was the healthy one today and chose this kiddie meal. Chicken was was tender and she liked it very much.

IMG_1688

Penne with tomato sauce (from kid’s menu). Rating:   5/6

Milestones is very kid-friendly and the paper placemats have both the kiddie menu on one side and puzzles and things to do on the other.  They also provide you with a box of crayons.  The kiddie meals come with a choice of drink and a dessert. 

IMG_1689

Appetizer calamari.  No rings! Tender thick cuts of squid steak served with two dipping sauces: andouille sausage tomato ragu and preserved lemon aioli.  Rating:  5/6

IMG_1690
My Steak Frites: beef tenderloin seared and served with caramelized bacon, green peppercorn and gorgonzola reduction and roasted portabello mushrooms.  Thankfully, I didn't detect much gorgonzola...I was worried about that.  Rating:  5.5/6

IMG_1691
I liked my fries, but they were screaming for a dip or some sort.

IMG_1693

I like my beef medium-rare.

IMG_1701

Vanilla Gelato with Chocolate Cookie (kid’s menu dessert…included in meal).

IMG_1702

Dessert Shooters:  a little of everything! just the way I like it!
Rating:  5/6

IMG_1703
Breakup Tub:  cookie dough ice cream, caramel and chocolate cookie. Yum! I could eat a tub of this!

IMG_1704

Ganache Torte:  This chocolate one was too cloying for me.  Very rich and dense.  I don’t think I could have eaten a whole regular-sized dessert. 

IMG_1705

My favourite is always the  Apple Crumble or Crisp…or any apple dessert.  This Caramel Apple Crisp was my favourite of the shooters.
IMG_1706
Key Lime Pie shooter with almond coconut crust, key lime custard, vanilla cream and whipped cream.

IMG_1707


White Chocolate Cheesecake. Very good.

Milestone’s Website is HERE.  I like how they have a GF section, a vegetarian section and a kiddie menu.  They even have Date Night specials, birthday specials and girls’ night out deals. 

IMG_1699

IMG_1700
The Kits Milestones has a pretty big parking lot adjacent to it; there is a patio and is the restaurant is accessible through transit as it is on W. Broadway.  Plenty of street parking nearby.

Milestones Grill and Bar (Kitsilano) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin