Wednesday 15 May 2013

Roasted Cauliflower and Onions with Parmesan (GF)





So there are no excuses explaining my long absence.

All I can say is come summer time (yippee!) I will definitely be blogging more and posting more delicious recipes.



For now, I've discovered that I can more easily post to my blog through this app called Posts.  It's pretty darned good so far.  I can upload photos easily and juggle more than one blog too.  It allows for comment moderation and has more features than the lousy blogger app.  Way more features such as adding hyperlinks and changing fonts etc.

By the way, I was able to get the app for free through the Apps gone free app.  For a limited time, paid apps go free and sometimes there are pretty good ones to be had.

Here's my quick main or side-dish recipe for awesome Roasted Cauliflower

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH ONIONS, GARLIC AND PARMESAN

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion cut into large chunks
1/4 cup parmesan
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

1.  Preheat oven to 475degrees Fahrenheit
2.  Toss the florets, onion and garlic with the olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3.  Spread evenly on a shallow roasting pan
4.  Roast for 10 minutes.  With a oven mitts on and a pair of tongs, toss the cauliflower gently rotating the pieces.
5.  Roast a further 10-15 minutes, tossing occasionally until golden brown all over.
6.  Remove the roasting pan from oven and sprinkle the parmesan over the cauliflower.  Toss and return to the oven for a final 5 minutes.
7.  Remove and serve. The lovely burnt bits are tasty.

2 comments:

Chelsea Marrs said...

I've always had an unwarranted fear of cauliflower, but I would def not hesitate to try this!

Looking forward to new posts!!

xoxo Chels
Chowing Down by the Bay

AML said...

I love cauliflower and this is definitely a great recipe to try, Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin